Enrich your trip to the JSMA with a guided experience. JSMA tours are inquiry-based and encourage dialogue between visitors and guide. Tour guides integrate the internationally acclaimed approach of Visual Thinking Strategies to help visitors enhance their understanding of the collection.
Public tours are offered on the first Saturday of every month at 1:00 p.m. and are free with museum admission. Tours are approximately forty-five minutes in length.
Private group tours may be scheduled during museum open hours, Wednesdays to Sundays. Requests for private group tours must be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance and are subject to guide availability. Tours are led by specially trained Exhibition Interpreters (docents) and are approximately 45 minutes in length.
- Please submit this form; phone requests will not be accepted.
- The museum will send a confirmation letter, Tour Planning Guide, and invoice once your tour is booked.
- The lead Exhibition Interpreter for your tour will contact you to clarify your tour planning needs.
- Tour cancellation requests must be received at least forty-eight hours in advance of a scheduled tour. Our Tour Coordinator will work with you to reschedule your tour.
Tour fees (including museum admission)
- $6.00* for adults
- $4.00* for seniors (sixty-two and older)
- $1.00 for museum members, UO affiliates, and college students.
* Eligible for a discount of $1 per person for groups of 15 or more.
Payment is expected prior to your tour date. We accept checks, MasterCard, or Visa.
The Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art invites visitors to bring their cell phones into the galleries for an interactive audio guide to the museum through the Guide by Cell program. Audio tours bring you closer to the art by expressing the views of curators, students, professors, community members and local children.
When touring the museum, look for the Guide by Cell logo on text panels and labels for more information.
Community members are invited to record segments for the JSMA's audio tour program. For more information, contact museum educator Sharon Kaplan at email@example.com
Guide by Cell is supported in part by a grant from the Oregon Arts Commission and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.