We will become one of the finest university art museums in the world.
We believe that knowledge of art enriches people’s lives.
The Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art enhances the University of Oregon’s academic mission and furthers the appreciation and enjoyment of the visual arts for the general public.
The Museum’s primary constituents are the University of Oregon’s students, faculty and staff as well as regional residents and visitors. Our varied activities extend our service to an even wider audience of scholars, artists, collectors, critics, and museum professionals.
• The museum experience enriches people’s lives.
• We contribute to the education of university students and help them become
culturally competent global citizens.
• We recognize our visitors’ different learning styles and the needs of a
multigenerational and diverse audience.
• Our visitors have enjoyable museum experiences that make them want to return.
• Our collections, programs, and research are of the highest quality.
• We follow the highest ethical, academic and professional standards.
• We find collaborative opportunities on- and off-campus that make the Museum
central to learning and build diverse audiences.